Monday, January 17, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes


I made 3 cupcakes this weekend. The first was a lemongrass cupcake, but the flavor of lemongrass didn't come through. The milk is steeped with lemongrass, but the flavor is so subtle that you can't taste it as you're eating it-you kind of get a hint of it after you've taken that first bite and even then you're not so sure what the flavor is. Overall-it gets a score of a 0. So I moved on to the pink lemonade cupcake. I've been wanting to make this one for a while and I'm glad I finally did. These cupcakes are beautiful to look at. The pink color is absolutely adorable. The texture of the cupcake was perfect, but the flavor was just okay. I think the artificial flavor of the pink lemonade concentrate was what made it taste a little strange. I don't think I'll be making this cupcake over again.

No comments: