Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Momentous Occasion



It isn't my birthday nor did I do anything to deserve this, but today marks a momentous occasion. Why is it such a momentous occasion? It's because my husband cooked me dinner for the first time in 3 years. 3 years. Don't get me wrong, it's not like he's never in the kitchen. He is the best sous chef that anyone can ask for. He will dice and slice and chop whatever I need, but he's never been the one "in charge" of a meal. Maybe it's because I'm territorial when it comes to the kitchen, or maybe it's because I'm bossy...I get that from my mom.
He's been at home this week playing "house dad" and that role included dinner tonight. I got to sit back and play on my computer while he made dinner since the little one was already sleeping for the night. I couldn't help but to spend a great deal of time taking pictures of him cooking and the foods he was preparing-just because it was a big deal! I wanted to remember this day.
Dinner was amazing. It was such a manly meal. Perfectly cooked steak, fresh corn on the cob and baked potatoes with all the fixins. He said, "See, this is what it could be like if I were a stay at home dad." Uh, keep dreaming, honey, but thank you for dinner.

No comments: