Saturday, March 19, 2011

Guisados





Last week we headed out to try a new eatery in East LA with my dad. He's super adventurous and is always looking for new places to eat. I always think it's interesting that he chooses Mexican food because the last time we ate it, 3 out of 6 of us became violently ill. My husband included. Fun times. I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. This time we tried a place called Guisados. It's kind of a modern take on Mexican food. The best part is that they hand make their tortillas. They were really delicious. I almost wish they just sold the tortillas on their own. They have a variety of tacos, but they recommend the sampler which consists of 6 mini tacos. Enough for one person. You don't get to choose the 6 tacos you want-it's the chef's choice. They said that their most popular taco was their chuleta, but it wasn't my most favorite. I really liked their mole poblano taco. I ordered an additional one after. My husband liked almost everything-I think it was a little too spicy for his taste. He just liked their plain old quesadilla. But it's not what you think-they use Mexican cheese and it's grilled so it's got a great grilled flavor. Their tamales were filled with fresh corn which was good and they always start off your meal with a little styrofoam cup of cream of cilantro soup. Overall we enjoyed ourselves. The owner came by and thanked us for coming and told us to visit their partner store called Cook in Monterey Park. We will be trying that place soon.

1 comment:

The Santisugis said...

i wish we could have gone!!! :( looks delish!