Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tagine




It was the best Valentine's yet...but maybe I say that every year. My husband picked Tagine for our evening out and made plans to leave the little one with my parents. Tagine is located on Robertson in Beverly Hills and they serve unbelievably delicious moroccan food. It's a little hard to find because it's so small. It's located next to a liquor store and the valet is across the busy street. I took a picture of the door of Tagine because it was so beautiful. The restaurant was very small and dimly lit. The walls are painted in a dark green color and there were candles lit at each table. Both walls had benches alongside them covered with pillows. It apparently only seats 12 couples at a time. We chose the tasting menu and it consisted of 6 dishes. I was sad after I finished each dish-I don't think food has ever left me wanting more.
As a starter we had hummus which was served with grilled berbere bread, marinated olives and a beet salad.
1st course - lemon sorbet served on top of a bed of a cucumber, pepper salad
2nd course - cornish hen and Moroccan spices placed between sheets of crispy phyllo dusted with powdered sugar.
3rd course - Scallops with mushrooms
4th course - sea bass with a potato puree and buttery mushrooms.
5th course: lamb with honey sauce, peaches, dates
6th course - apple tatin, raspberry sauce, homemade ice cream topped with chocolate soup.
The chocolate soup was amazing...liquid chocolate served tableside poured over the ice cream. Delicious...

I definitely want to go back. Right now.

No comments: