Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Dumpling Truck



I've seen this truck all over South Pas. Mostly by Garfield Park. We went for a stroll today through South Pas and happened to pass by the Dumpling Station and we decided to finally give it a try. They have a few different kinds of dumplings: veggie, pork and leek, pork and veggie, kimchee and beef, kimchee and pork, and a few others. We decided to go for their combo deal: a drink, 8 dumplings and a side for $9.75. You can have your dumplings steamed, pan fried or deep fried-your choice. We got the kimchee and pork deep fried and pork and veggie pan fried with a side of garlic wasabi fries. The dumplings were good. They use a thick skin which I personally like. The kimchee dumplings were a little spicy mixed with pork and glass noodles. The pork and veggie dumplings were good, but I couldn't really taste it after eating the kimchee. It was served with a sauce-not sure if it was soy sauce of ponzu-I wasn't really paying attention. The fries were crispy, covered with wasabi mayo. Overall, the food was good and I would definitely try it again. Next time I want to get the banana nutella wontons. Doesn't that sound good?

No comments: