Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brioche



I recently purchased the Cooks Illustrated Holiday Baking magazine. I can't stop looking through it. I initially wanted it for the red velvet cake recipe, but after looking through it there were so many other recipes that sounded amazing. I decided to make the brioche. It's a 2 day process because it has to proof overnight in the fridge. When I got home I baked it and there's nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread that fills your home. I couldn't wait to slice a piece of bread and eat it warm, slathered with butter. The crust was flakey and the inside was soft and buttery-it has a hint of sweetness from the sugar and it paired nicely with a cup of sweet cream tea. I'm eager to make another loaf today, but now I find myself exhausted-just wanting to sit in front of the TV and watch my favorite show-Modern Family.

No comments: