Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tender Greens





My dear friends A+L+B took me to try Tender Greens this week. There are a few other locations on the Westside and Hollywood, but I've never been. It just opened here in Pasadena on Friday and I wonder where it's been my whole life. I didn't know what to expect-the name in itself does not make the place sound appetizing in the least. Tender Greens gets most of their ingredients from Scarborough Farms in Oxnard and small local farms. Most of their food is organic. I'm not one of those "everything must be organic" type of people. I'm actually turned off by places that are strictly organic-it doesn't sound like it would taste good, but this place is amazing. If you're skeptical like I was, this place is the place to change your views of that! Pasadena isn't really known for any really good restaurants, but this is a new favorite of mine.

They have perfectly roasted vegetables, fresh salads, soups, fried chicken, mashed potatoes..it suits all different palates. And their desserts are supposedly really good too. I only had their chocolate pot de creme sprinkled with sea salt, which was fairly good. I had their tuna nicoise salad, tomato soup, and fingerling potatoes with parmesan cheese. Everything was delicious. Their salad wasn't overdressed, their tomato soup was made with fresh tomatoes and their potatoes weren't overdone or dry.

The service was amazing as well...I hope it stays that way-I know new places tend to have great service at the beginning and then taper off once the novelty of it has worn off.
I've been thinking of this place since I've gone...I think I'll go again tonight and take my husband. You must go!

621 East Colorado Avenue
Pasadena CA, 91101

Tel: 626 405-1511
Fax: 626 405-1508

Hours:
Sunday-Thursday: 11:30am-9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 11:30am-10:00pm

No comments: