Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chocolate macarons




I've been wanting to make macarons FOREVER. Not macaroooooooons, but the french macarons. The problem? Intimidation. They seem super complicated. They're so adorable and delicate. So, I did a lot of reading online and watched a few Youtube videos and it didn't seem too hard. I decided to give it a shot today. The batter can be whipped up in 15 minutes. The piping is a technique that takes practice. And then you have to make sure you don't overbeat the ingredients, but at the same time you have to deflate the whites. What??

A little bit about almond flour. You can't find almond flour just anywhere.. But we found it at Whole Foods today. You can find it where they have all the different types of oats and flours or they even have some in the baking section. I've heard that you can get it at Trader Joe's too.

They are super fun to bake and assemble and the final product is really good. The macarons were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

1 comment:

The Santisugis said...

These were the very best I've ever had and I am very picky about my macaroons!!!!!