Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Sacred 7


Sometimes the most awkward part about weddings is choosing the bridal party. There's the question of "is she going to ask me?" that looms over the friends of the bride. But I must say that was one of the easiest decisions for me. My girls didn't really need to be asked, but for the sake of formality, I did anyways. I don't think any of them were surprised to be asked which in turn reminds me that I have some of the bestest friends in the world. I have very special relationships with each one of them individually and I could not be more happy to have them stand by my side on our wedding day.
Matron of honor: My sister, Yuri. My soul sister. My other third, I should say.
Maid of honor: My little sister, Alex. My baby girl-that's not such a baby anymore.
Bridesmaids: Chung Yee, my best friend of 18 years from high school. There really
aren't words that can describe my friendship with her.
Jennifer, she's like my long lost sister whom I met through an ex! You
never know when and where you'll meet people that will impact
your life.
Stephanie, she's my twin. Quite literally! My girlfriend from church
who shares many of my joys and passions of life. No wonder
she's my twin. She's expecting in October!
Judy: Yet another best friend of 18 years from high school. We've
been through 2 decades of just about everything. She is one of
sweetest people I know and you'll know what I mean when you
meet her.
and last, but not least,
Fannie: Another high school best friend of 18 years. Fannie reminds
me of what friendships are about. She's intentional and takes
care of the people that are close to her and I am so grateful
that I've been a part of it.

I am overwhelmed by the friendships and the sisterhood that I have been given and am the luckiest girl to have them be a part my life.

No comments: